Modding allows you to customize Melon Playground on Android with all kinds of zany community creations. While not as seamless as the PC version, installing mods is totally possible with some simple steps.
Step 1 – Enable USB Debugging
First, you need to enable a developer setting called USB debugging. This allows your computer to communicate with your Android device.
1. Go into your Android settings and tap About Phone.
2. Find the Build Number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer Options.
3. In Developer Options, toggle on the setting for USB Debugging.
Step 2 – Install ADB on Your Computer
ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is what lets your computer transfer files to and from your device.
1. Download ADB tools – you can get them from the Android SDK or a simplified package like ADB Installer.
2. Install ADB on your computer. Make note of the install location.
Step 3 – Connect Android to Computer via USB
Plug your Android device directly into your computer via USB. This will allow them to communicate.
1. Swipe down and unlock your Android device.
2. Use a USB-C or micro-USB cable to connect the device to your computer.
3. On your computer, open a command prompt or terminal window.
4. Type `adb devices` and hit enter. You should see your device name/ID show up if connected properly.
Step 4 – Transfer Mod Files to Device
In the command prompt, navigate to where you have your mod files downloaded on your computer.
To transfer mods over, type:
This will move the folder “coolmods” to the “MelonPlaygroundMods” directory on your Android device.
Step 5 – Load Mods in Melon Playground
Lastly, enable mod loading within Melon Playground on your Android device:
1. Open Melon Playground and go to Settings.
2. Enable Advanced Settings.
3. Go back to the main menu – you’ll now see a Mods button.
4. Tap Mods and browse to select which mods in /sdcard/MelonPlaygroundMods you want active.
After selecting your mods, they’ll automatically load when you start a game. Now you can enjoy modded fun on mobile!
And that’s it! With just a few steps you can start modding Melon Playground on your Android device. Enable USB debugging, install ADB, transfer mods over, and load them up in-game.